SnapFashun is Creation Inspiration!
Learn the principles and elements of fashion design like never before!
Do you have a passion for fashion? Do you want to learn how to be a fashion designer but don't have access to a school fashion program due to budget cuts? Are your dreams of a career in fashion being limited because you don’t have the time or money to attend a college or university? The SnapFashun Program is your solution!
In this Beginners' course, we will show you the basic essentials of working with fashion flats in Adobe Illustrator.
Who is the target audience?
- Fashion design students
- DIY & home sewing professionals
- Aspiring fashion designers
- Design & merchandising employees of fashion companies
- Anyone looking to increase their fashion design skills using Adobe Illustrator CC.
1) Included in the course will be access to our massive database of fashion flats in 6 SnapLibraries:
2) Included as well will be a 1 year license to SnapFashun's unique software plug-in for Adobe Illustrator CC that provides an interactive reference library as well as browser to store and retrieve the sketches in the database.
3) Finally, our course will allow you to develop skills and techniques to create your designs from inspiration to create a technical design pack that can be used for production.
NOTE: Once you're registered for the course, you'll get re-directed to a landing page to download the software, installation instructions and user manual.
In this Beginners level course, you will learn all the tools necessary to begin your fashion design journey and prepare you for the Intermediate and Advanced levels of our Program.
- For Beginners that have not used Adobe Illustrator before
- Overview of Illustrator
- Overview of design principles and elements used in industry and how Illustrator fits into the design workflow
- Familiarize yourself with the Illustrator interface
- Learn the core tools and features needed to produce basic fashion drawings
- Learn fashion color basics including color properties & color schemes
- Learn basic fashion principles and elements including balance, proportions, rhythm & emphasis......and more.
We're excited to bring you a unique blend of resources that you can use to create your own fashion line. We use Adobe Illustrator CC along with a plug in that contains a comprehensive library of thousands of templates for you to choose from and make edits to customize your garments to meet your fashion goals. Whether you are designing, marketing or teaching, these instructional videos will give you step by step how to training to make your fashion dreams come alive!
What are the requirements?
- This course requires Adobe Illustrator CC. You can learn more clicking on this link: http://adobe.ly/1Rfg2Ow
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 10 lectures and 1.5 hours of content!
- Create custom fashion designs of any kind
- Learn the beginning principles of fashion design
- Learn the basics of fashion sketch alteration and customization in Adobe illustrator CC
- You will be ready to advance to the intermediate course
About your Instructor Betty Hurd: Having spent more than a decade implementing training software technologies into fashion projects from design to marketing to retailing, I have worked extensively with designers and marketers. Over the years there became apparent a common issue: software training resources do not work well together in one place, greatly complicating the completion of the project. Snapfashun solves this problem, thereby reducing errors and increasing productivity so you can bring your design or product to market with greater ease. This training will benefit company design employees, freelance designers, fashion design students and anyone else looking to learn or improve their fashion designs with Adobe Illustrator. Betty holds a bachelor's degree in consumer science/retail and a master's degree in Adult Education, both from the University of Wisconsin, as well as a certificate in social media. She is currently Program Director of Fashion Marketing at Madison College in Madison, Wisconsin.
StartLesson 1 - Overview (10:19)
StartLesson 2 - Navigating Adobe Illustrator with SnapFashun Sketches (15:14)
StartLesson 3 - Color Management Basics (11:03)
StartLesson 4 - Transforming Your Designs (12:47)
StartLesson 5 - Pattern Basics (13:26)
StartLesson 6 - Texturing Basics (10:03)
StartLesson 7- Fashion Mood Boards (15:35)